Let's unite for joint resistance.
In Turkey, Helen Bolek, an activist of the anti-imperialist cultural team 'Yoram Group' demanding freedom of expression, died on April 3, following 288 days hunger strike, and the condition of another senior cultural activist, Ibrahim Gogek, who is living in the hunger strike, has become very critical. After being released from prison, Helen Bolek was in hunger strike demanding freedom of expression and the release of her remaining Comrades.
It is the duty of every progressive citizen to express solidarity with the oppressed and to stand against the State terror. Keeping in mind our responsibility, we condemn the fascist regime of Turkey forcing Helena Bolek to death and show our sincere respect and tribute to her.
Likewise, we condemn the fascist Indian Modi regime and express our strong solidarity with the intellectuals and social activists, who are launching campaigns for the release of imprisoned personalities. We demand the unconditional release of all writers, journalists and social activists including Prof. G.N. Saibaba, author and ideologue Varvar Rao, social activists Gautam Navalakha and Prof, Anand Teltumde. We all know Prof. Saibaba is wheelchair-bound with over 90% physical disability and 80 years old revolutionary poet Rao suffers from variety of ailments
At present, corona infection is rapidly increasing in Nepal and has brought Nepali life to a state of fear, tragedy and terror. The Nepalese people are now bound to suffer the Corona terror and the State terror both. Corona pandemic has become a easy means for corruption and the government has done nothing to get rid of the corona pandemic. Nepal's prisons are filled with political prisoners. The Home Administration has repeatedly arresting political activists despite the court release.
Considering the uniqueness of the situation, cultural activists and human rights organizations have been calling for the release of the captives, including popular people's cultural activist Maila Lama. On the contrary, the Oli government is in a position to continue the process of arrest and detention. In such a situation, we request and call on writers, artists, journalists and social activists to initiate a joint campaign for the survival and release of prisoners, including Maila Lama.
Let's unite for joint resistance.
1. Rishi Raj Baral : Fiction writer and critic
2. Roshan Janakpuri : Poet and critic
3. Khem Thapaliya : Playwright and critic
4. Mitrlal Pangyani : Poet
5. Nibha shaha : Poet
6. Khoma Taramu Magar : Poet and essayist
7. Modanath Marhtha : Poet
8. Balaram Timsina : Poet
9. Nandish Adhikaarii : Professor
10. Shivanarayan Pradhan : Professor
11. Takmaa Kesi : Professor
12. Janardan Thapa : Social Activist
13. Kedarnaath Gautam : Journalist
14. Devendra Timla : Journalist
15. Yadav Devkota : Journalist
16. Narendrajang Peter : Journalist
17. Soorya Baral : Journalist
18. Jaya Dahal : Journalist
19. Umesh Acharya : Poet
20. Kamal Subedi : Reviewer
21. Kapilchandra Pokhrel : Advocate and social activist
22. Adity Bishnu : Journalist
23. Matrika Pokhrel : Poet
24. Rohit Dahal : Short story writer
25. Dilip Shrestha : Poet
26. Manohar Laamichhane : Essayist
27. Dambar BK : Reviewer
28. Shivanarayan Yadav : Professor
29. Dirgha Pandey : Social Worker
30. Mahadeep Pokharel : Social Activist
31. Saraswati Mohora : Writer
32. Bhagawanchanda Gyawali : Writer
April 17, 2020